Haag publishes an informative monthly blog to keep our clients up-to-date on industry trends, important issues, hot topics, new articles and general news.
To subscribe to our monthly blog, please click here.
- May- Electrical Surge or Lightning?, by ANDREW LYNCH P.E., CFEI, CVFI
- April- When BIM & VDC Go Wrong: Legal Challenges to Digital Design and Construction, by Kevin Kianka, P.E.
- March- AN UPDATE TO THE ENHANCED FUJITA SCALE, by Tim Marshall, P.E., Principal Engineer Emertitus, Meteorologist
- February- Haag Certified Reviewer, Level III- Estimating is Here!, by Ryan Holdhusen, VP of Education
- December- Haag Certified Review & Haag's Testing Lab, featured on AdjusterTV
- November- HAIL DENTED MY ROOF INSUALTION – NOW WHAT DO I DO?, by Steve R. Smith, P.E., Director of Research & Testing, Principal Engineer
- October- CLASSIFYING FIRES- Firensics e-Minute, by Edward G. Roberts, Director of Fire Investigation Services
- September- Hurricane GeoPortal: Interactive GIS Data Mapping, by Marcie Deffenbaugh, Manager of GIS Services for Haag Technical Services
- August- DEHUMIDIFICATION BASICS, BY THOMAS CULVER, CPAU, IICRC- MRS, WRT, FSRT
- July- Does Haag’s Test Square Method Work for Wind-Related Damage?, By Scott Balot, RRO, Senior Construction Consultant, and Jonathan Goode, Ph.D., P.E., Principal Engineer, Associate VP of Engineering
- June- Prevention in Unprecedented Years, by Sasa Dzekic, M.Eng., P.Eng., Haag Canada Practice Lead, Civil/Structural Engineering
- April- Hurricane Laura Damage to Wood-Framed Residences, by Tim Marshall, P.E., Principal Engineer, Meteorologist
- March- The Haag Certified Reviewer Program- The Insurance Industry’s First-Ever Inside Adjuster Certification, from Haag Education, by Ryan Holdhusen
- February- As part of National Engineers’ week, we are highlighting and celebrating the foundation of our business-- our forensic engineers!, by David Teasdale
- January- "Haag's Hurricane Geoportal-- Keep An Eye on the Data for the Eye of the Storm", by Marcie Deffenbaugh, Haag Technical Services
- November- Assessing and Removing Mold, by Thomas Culver, Senior Construction Consultant, CPAU, IICRC- MRS, WRT, FSRT
- October- Haag Expands into Canada- Meet Our Experts in Toronto
- September- "Stay sharp with Haag’s new training programs for field and NEW certification for desk-based professionals!," by Ryan Holdhusen, VP of Education
- August- "Ventilation Miscues – Why More Isn’t Always Better", by Scott Balot, RRO, Senior Consultant, & Jonathan S. Goode, Ph.D., P.E., Associate Vice President/Senior Engineer
- July- "Fast Fires and Hot Fires", by Ed Roberts, Director of Fire Investigation Services (Video Blog)
- June- "Impact Testing of Impact Resistant Shingle-- White Paper", by Steven R. Smith, P.E., Haag Research & Testing Director, Principal Engineer
- May- "Spontaneous Glass Breakage", by Brandon D. Bealmear, P.E., FMPC (Fenestration Master)
- April- "How GIS Can Help the Insurance Industry When Severe Weather Occurs", by Marcie Deffenbaugh, Haag Technical Services
- March- Testing Application Standard (TAS) NO. 106 - Its Importance and Intended Use, By Aaron Duba, P.E., and John Ellis, P.E.
- February- Understanding Earthquake Risk, by David Teasdale, P.E., Principal Engineer, VP of Engineering Services
- January- Firensics--Haag's Fire Origin and Cause Experts, by Ed Roberts, Director of Fire Investigation Services
- December- "Grain Explosion Evaluation- The Coshocton Grainery" by John Wlascinski, P.E., Principal Engineer
- November-- "The Texas A&M Bonfire Collapse", By Jim D. Wiethorn, Ph.D., P.E., Principal Engineer
- October-- "Titanic Movie Set Collapse" by David Teasdale, and "Assessing Hail Damage, Part 2: Hail Inspection Protocol" by Justin Kestner, P.E., Steve Smith, P.E., and Jim Chaney, CPCU
- September-- "10 Years of Haag Education's Haag Certified Inspector- Commercial Roofs Program" AND "Assessing Hail Damage, Part 1: Issues with “Functional” vs “Cosmetic” Damage"
- August-- "Haag Construction Consulting - 2nd Anniversary of the 2017 Hurricane Season (Harvey, Irma, Maria)," by Brandon Alaniz, HCC
- July-- "Haag Helps Repair a Military Base in Iraq", by Daniel Behrens, P.E.
- June-- "GIS and Laser Scanning for Oil & Gas Company-- Haag Technical Services", by Marcie Deffenbaugh
- May-- "Haag’s Ice Ball Testing-- IBL-7" by Steve Smith, P.E.
- April-- "Haag's Test Square Method," by Richard Herzog, P.E.
- March-- "Hoover Dam ByPass Bridge Collapse," by Jim D. Wiethorn, P.E.
- February-- "For the First Time – Get Haag Certified Online", by Ryan Holdhusen
- January-- Haag Celebrates 95 Years in Business, and "Imperial Sugar- Sugar Dust Explosion", by John Stewart, P.E.
- December -- "Bird’s Eye View—A Guide to Aerial Lifts", by Tony Bond, P.E.
- November -- "Seen and Unseen....The Benefits of Desaturation Testing", by Steve R. Smith P.E.
- October -- "Practical Considerations for Utilizing UAS for Roof Inspections", by Justin Kestner, P.E., and Kevin Kianka, P.E.
- September -- "Repairing Foundation Issues"
- August -- "Hail Yes or Hail No: Was the Metal Roof Really Damaged by Hail?", By Justin Kestner, P.E.
- July -- "Haag's 4/09 Shingle Gauge™ & 1/12 Shingle Gage™: What's the Difference?" by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- June-- "The Brittleness Test", by Carlos Lopez, Ph.D., P.E.
- May -- "HAIL DAMAGE THRESHOLDS: WHAT DO THEY REALLY MEAN?" by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- April -- "HAIL STRIKES & GRANULE REMOVAL", by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- March -- "WHAT CAN RADAR TELL US ABOUT HAIL?", by Tim Marshall, P.E.
- February -- "IDENTIFYING HAIL-CAUSED FRACTURES IN THERMOPLASTIC ROOFING", by Steve Smith, P.E.
- January -- "UPDATED HCI-RESIDENTIAL ROOFS COURSE", by Richard Herzog, P.E.
- December -- "HCI -- THE DAMAGE ASSESSMENT STANDARD SINCE 2007", by Ryan Holdhusen, VP of Education
- November -- "WIND CODES REVISITED", by Christine Alfano, Ph.D., EIT
- July -- "HAAG HELPS REPAIR MILITARY BASE IN IRAQ", by Daniel Behrens, P.E.
- June-- "SETTING THE STANDARD FOR DAMAGE ASSESSMENT TRAINING: HCI'S FIRST DECADE", by Ryan Holdhusen, VP of Education
- May -- "TWIRL-- TORNADIC WINDS: IN-SITU AND RADAR MEASUREMENTS AT LOW LEVELS", by Tim Marshall, P.E.
- April -- "INTERNATIONAL ROOFING EXPO 2017", by Daniel Behrens, P.E.
- March -- "UPDATED HCI-COMMERCIAL ROOFS COURSE", by Richard Herzog, P.E.
- February -- "WHAT DOES A LIGHTNING REPORT REALLY TELL YOU?", by John Stewart, P.E.
- December -- "Non-Destructive Testing of Residential Electrical Wiring"
- October -- "Recovering from Chaos After a Flood", by Eddy Pokluda, HCC
- June -- "WATER DAMAGE – WHAT DO I DO NOW?", by Larry Dillon, Vice President of Haag Construction Consulting
- May -- "OF APPLES AND ASPHALT COMP SHINGLES: 'BRUISE' DEFINED", by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- April -- "CAN WIND CAUSE FOGGY WINDOWS?", by Carlos Lopez, Ph.D., P.E.
- February -- "HOW TO MITIGATE AND REMOVE ICE DAMS ON ROOFS", by Richard F. Herzog P.E., Meteorologist, RRC, Principal Engineer
- January -- "VALUABLE CLUES: WHAT TO LOOK FOR DURING COMMERCIAL ROOF INSPECTIONS", by Ken Gilvary, M.S., P.E., Principal Engineer,
- October -- Haag Research & Testing's lab has earned accreditation from the International Accreditation Service (IAS) for product testing! Video blog of compelling tests performed in the lab
- September -- "UTILIZING VIRTUAL TOURS IN DAMAGE ASSESSMENT", by Kevin Kianka, P.E., Director of BIM/Modeling
- July -- "READY TO UTILIZE DRONES ON THE JOB? FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN COMMERCIAL USE", by Kevin Kianka, Director of BIM/Modeling Program
- June-- "LACK OF SEALANT BOND ON COMP SHINGLES: IS IT WIND DAMAGE?", by Tim Marshall, P.E., Meteorologist, Principal Engineer
- May -- "EARTHQUAKE RISK ASSESSMENT: CAN WE PREDICT THE NEXT 'BIG ONE'?", by David L. Teasdale P.E., Principal Engineer
- April -- "HAILSTORM DATA SOURCES AND HAIL CHARACTERISTICS", by Richard F. Herzog P.E., Meteorologist, RRC, Principal Engineer
- March -- "DENTS IN METAL R-PANEL ROOFING – WHAT CAN THEY TELL US ABOUT A HAILSTORM?", by David Teasdale, P.E., Principal Engineer
- February -- "LIGHTNING: A CASE STUDY, " by KR Davis, P.E.