Haag publishes an informative monthly blog to keep our clients up-to-date on industry trends, important issues, hot topics, new articles and general news.
To subscribe to our monthly blog, please click here.
- December -- "Bird’s Eye View—A Guide to Aerial Lifts", by Tony Bond, P.E.
- November -- "Seen and Unseen....The Benefits of Desaturation Testing", by Steve R. Smith P.E.
- October -- "Practical Considerations for Utilizing UAS for Roof Inspections", by Justin Kestner, P.E., and Kevin Kianka, P.E.
- September -- "Repairing Foundation Issues"
- August -- "Hail Yes or Hail No: Was the Metal Roof Really Damaged by Hail?", By Justin Kestner, P.E.
- July -- "Haag's 4/09 Shingle Gauge™ & 1/12 Shingle Gage™: What's the Difference?" by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- June-- "The Brittleness Test", by Carlos Lopez, Ph.D., P.E.
- May -- "HAIL DAMAGE THRESHOLDS: WHAT DO THEY REALLY MEAN?" by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- April -- "HAIL STRIKES & GRANULE REMOVAL", by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- March -- "WHAT CAN RADAR TELL US ABOUT HAIL?", by Tim Marshall, P.E.
- February -- "IDENTIFYING HAIL-CAUSED FRACTURES IN THERMOPLASTIC ROOFING", by Steve Smith, P.E.
- January -- "UPDATED HCI-RESIDENTIAL ROOFS COURSE", by Richard Herzog, P.E.
- December -- "HCI -- THE DAMAGE ASSESSMENT STANDARD SINCE 2007", by Ryan Holdhusen, VP of Education
- November -- "WIND CODES REVISITED", by Christine Alfano, Ph.D., EIT
- July -- "HAAG HELPS REPAIR MILITARY BASE IN IRAQ", by Daniel Behrens, P.E.
- June-- "SETTING THE STANDARD FOR DAMAGE ASSESSMENT TRAINING: HCI'S FIRST DECADE", by Ryan Holdhusen, VP of Education
- May -- "TWIRL-- TORNADIC WINDS: IN-SITU AND RADAR MEASUREMENTS AT LOW LEVELS", by Tim Marshall, P.E.
- April -- "INTERNATIONAL ROOFING EXPO 2017", by Daniel Behrens, P.E.
- March -- "UPDATED HCI-COMMERCIAL ROOFS COURSE", by Richard Herzog, P.E.
- February -- "WHAT DOES A LIGHTNING REPORT REALLY TELL YOU?", by John Stewart, P.E.
- December -- "Non-Destructive Testing of Residential Electrical Wiring"
- October -- "Recovering from Chaos After a Flood", by Eddy Pokluda, HCC
- June -- "WATER DAMAGE – WHAT DO I DO NOW?", by Larry Dillon, Vice President of Haag Construction Consulting
- May -- "OF APPLES AND ASPHALT COMP SHINGLES: 'BRUISE' DEFINED", by Scott Morrison, P.E.
- April -- "CAN WIND CAUSE FOGGY WINDOWS?", by Carlos Lopez, Ph.D., P.E.
- February -- "HOW TO MITIGATE AND REMOVE ICE DAMS ON ROOFS", by Richard F. Herzog P.E., Meteorologist, RRC, Principal Engineer
- January -- "VALUABLE CLUES: WHAT TO LOOK FOR DURING COMMERCIAL ROOF INSPECTIONS", by Ken Gilvary, M.S., P.E., Principal Engineer,
- October -- Haag Research & Testing's lab has earned accreditation from the International Accreditation Service (IAS) for product testing! Video blog of compelling tests performed in the lab
- September -- "UTILIZING VIRTUAL TOURS IN DAMAGE ASSESSMENT", by Kevin Kianka, P.E., Director of BIM/Modeling
- July -- "READY TO UTILIZE DRONES ON THE JOB? FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN COMMERCIAL USE", by Kevin Kianka, Director of BIM/Modeling Program
- June-- "LACK OF SEALANT BOND ON COMP SHINGLES: IS IT WIND DAMAGE?", by Tim Marshall, P.E., Meteorologist, Principal Engineer
- May -- "EARTHQUAKE RISK ASSESSMENT: CAN WE PREDICT THE NEXT 'BIG ONE'?", by David L. Teasdale P.E., Principal Engineer
- April -- "HAILSTORM DATA SOURCES AND HAIL CHARACTERISTICS", by Richard F. Herzog P.E., Meteorologist, RRC, Principal Engineer
- March -- "DENTS IN METAL R-PANEL ROOFING – WHAT CAN THEY TELL US ABOUT A HAILSTORM?", by David Teasdale, P.E., Principal Engineer
- February -- "LIGHTNING: A CASE STUDY, " by KR Davis, P.E.